Sunday, August 28, 2016

Fall 2016: Lecture 1 Introduction and Chart of the Nuclides

The class outcomes are discussed. The main goal of the class, to provide students with the fundamental information for the exploitation of radiochemistry in research, is presented. The course grading scale and expectations are given. The Chart of the Nuclides is reviewed in detail with the front matter assigned as reading. The Table of the isotopes is introduced, with data examples presenting, include gamma decay yields. Atomic properties, nuclear nomenclature, X-rays, and types of decays are introduced. Respond to the PDF Quiz 1 when complete with the lecture.  

10 comments:

  1. lecture 1 all done, quiz sent in to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have lecture 1 completed. I have been unable to get the table of the isotopes to load on my laptop. I haven't tried on a different device. I did try different browsers and had no luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about this. I will check the system again. The file is large, that may be an issue. The link is at http://radchem.nevada.edu/classes/rdch702/lectures%20and%20chapters.html

      Delete
  3. I have lecture 1 completed. I have been unable to get the table of the isotopes to load on my laptop. I haven't tried on a different device. I did try different browsers and had no luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will work on the table of isotopes link on Thursday.

      Delete
  4. I have completed lecture #1. I have also been unable to load the table of the isotopes you provided, but I have found another digital one which may be helpful (see link below). I have not submitted the quiz for lecture #1, for I am unable to select some of the options for the last question.

    Table of Isotopes: http://nucleardata.nuclear.lu.se/toi/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The digital link should be sufficient. Again I will see what is the issue with the TOI.

      Delete